At ISC, we continuously strive to minimize the impact of our operations on the environment. We also seek to help our clients reduce theirs.
SUSTAINABILITY OF OUR OPERATIONS
ISC is an industry leader in producing sustainable signage and architectural lighting solutions. To this end, we are now the first signage manufacturer in North America to be certified as carbon neutral by an independent third-party. How did we achieve this? Each year, we carefully audit the “scope 1, 2 and 3” greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions associated with our operations, by engaging a leading third-party consultancy (Climate Smart Businesses Inc.). This allows us to determine how to efficiently and cost effectively reduce our environmental footprint.
Recent initiatives undertaken in this context include:
- Full conversion of ISC’s light duty fleet to electric vehicles (EVs) – to our knowledge, an industry first
- Installation of workplace EV chargers
- Energy-efficient upgrades to ISC’s facilities
- Building on long-standing waste reduction strategies with respect to use of raw materials
- Transitioning to electronic solutions to limit paper consumption (e.g., use of tablets, e-signatures)
- Sourcing of products from likeminded, environmentally-conscious suppliers
- Purchase of 100 tonnes of carbon credits in 2021, which more than offsets the entire carbon footprint of our operations as of April 1, 2020
We are committed to continuing to raise the bar for sustainability in our industry and have many more exciting industry firsts planned for the years ahead.
OTHER SUSTAINABILITY OFFERINGS
ISC is proud to offer our clients the following, designed to support them in minimizing their environmental impact:
- Incorporation of carefully-sourced, cutting-edge sustainable materials and components into project deliverables
- Recycling of acrylics, plastics, copper, aluminum and steel components as part of our takedown and removal service
- In-house crushing and recycling of fluorescent lamps
- Detailed technical estimates of energy savings from replacing fluorescent lamps with LED
- Fluorescent-to-LED conversions on existing signage